BTWC are delighted to announce our new partnership with Once I've Gone (OIG) for an enhanced document safe custody solution.
By partnering with OIG BTWC members can provide clients with a fully rounded document storage offering, enabling clients to not only safely store their physical documentation but also their virtual details and information as well.
OIG lets your clients secure all of their important information and make it available to the right people at the right time. It helps clients get everything organised in one place, and crucially it means they have sorted everything out for their loved ones should anything happen.
The OIG digital platform helps people plan, organise and store personal information that loved ones will need when someone passes away. It will also help create a lasting legacy for family and friends.
The platform makes it easy for clients to record details of their important personal, legal and financial information that families will need. Clients can upload and store digital copies of documents, photos, videos and anything they would wish to share after their death. All this information is securely stored and made available to nominated trusted contacts after death.
Within the planning section, clients can also record personalised video messages, leave money to charity or even make use of the funeral planning tools.
Document safe storage is an increasingly vital part for people to consider regarding all the different channels of information they may now have. Safely storing a hard copy of a document such as a Will has always been vital in order for final wishes to be fully carried out, but as digital assets evolve and grow, and as we create more personal information then the need for a secure storage option grows as well.
A combined offering for clients
This combined offering can help create new conversations with clients, educating them as to the options and ways of handling and storing important information so loved ones can find and access relevant details later down the line.
Talking to your clients about storage could also prompt further conversations for renewals, reviews and key financial milestones.
As a BTWC Associate you will benefit form being able to offer this enhanced service with an exclusive discount, making it very appealing to clients. The BTWC Document Safe Storage offering is a service that provides a number of benefits t you and your clients:
Physical document storage:
- FREE Will registration with Certainty, the National Will Register
- FREE like for like Will re-write for each payment year
- Insured up to £2 million for any losses or costs incurred as a result of there being no legally binding document in existence i.e. loss or damage
- Documents can be accessed at any time free of charge
- Additional documents such as Lasting Powers of Attorney can also be stored with the Will at no extra charge
- No binding requirement to appoint BTWC and our SRA approved probate practitioners as executors although that option is of course available.
Digital document storage:
- Securely store your client's digital assets
- Store personal information such as photo’s and videos that will only be made available to trusted contacts upon the clients passing
- Store digital copies of insurance renewals, life insurance documents etc so they are all in one place when required by loved ones
- Appoint your IFA or Estate Planning adviser as a trusted contact so they can support your family should the worst happen
Ian Dibb, Once I've Gone CEO comments "OIG are delighted to be working in partnership with BTWC. Trevor, Amy and the team provide an extremely friendly and professional service which is clearly aimed at doing the right thing by their clients. We look forward to working closely together and complimenting their services."
Amy Peters, BTWC, says "Physical document storage for items such as Will or LPA's remains to be of paramount importance as original signed copies continue to be favoured by government bodies such as the Probate Registry and the Office of Public Guardian. However, organising our increasing digital assets is also becoming vital,in particular to help those that are left behind to collate the affairs of a loved one.
"The innovative and ethical approach taken by Once I've Gone to meet this requirement makes for a perfect partner to BTWC and we are delighted to be part of their visionary approach in supporting our associates and clients to help manage thier digital affairs."