The rules of intestacy in England and Wales change this week, with the coming into force of the Inheritance and Trustees' Powers Act 2014 on Wednesday 1 October.
The main effect of the act is to abolish the life interest trust of the spouse established by the Administration of Estates Act 1925. In future, the surviving spouse of an intestate with children will get the GBP250,000 statutory legacy, the deceased's personal chattels and half the balance of the remaining estate outright. Children or other descendants share the other half of the balance.
In addition, the act provides that the spouse of an intestate without children will, in future, inherit the whole estate. Both of the new rules apply even to estranged spouses or civil partners. It’s worth bearing in mind that where there is a second or third marriage, the new rules give significant priority to the surviving spouse.
So, this makes it more important than ever for your clients to prepare a will. And now we are making it even simpler for you to provide this service to your clients.
For the month of October only, new BTWC members will only pay a one off registration fee of £80 – that’s a discount of £165!
What can you expect to receive?
- Full Business Pack inc Product Guide, Marketing Materials, Instructions Forms & more.
- Comprehensive expert support & training opportunities
- BTWC accreditation to operate as an Estate Planning Consultant following successful completion of our entrance exam
- The opportunity to become an affiliate member of the Society of Will Writers
- Access to our dedicated Adviser helpline
- Access to the exclusive BTWC member area which contains all the resources you need to operate your Estate Planning business
- Benefit from our full Professional Indemnity cover
What makes us different from other Estate Planning service providers? We provide you with everything you need to become a professional Estate Planning Consultant, there are no ongoing membership/franchise fees and your clients remain yours.
More importantly, you have the knowledge to appropriately advise your clients and not just take away a list of requirements. We don’t hold back the knowledge you need, we share it with you.
Interested – drop us a line at [email protected] or call us on 01522 500823 and quote promotion code OCTEPC-2014.