IPW Associate Accreditation Course
We are pleased to announce BTWC members have an exclusive opportunity to participate in an IPW Will Associate accreditation course.
Tuesday 18th August 2020 – 9am-5pm
£250 inclusive price for BTWC members only
Email email@example.com to book your place
Delivered via Zoom this one day course will not only refresh your existing Will knowledge but by the end you will have the opportunity to become an accredited member of the Institute of Professional Willwriters (IPW).
Coming out of lockdown there is the opportunity to relaunch your business with a new focus. The course is only for BTWC members and those who have an understanding of Wills and the will writing process.
It is your chance to gain professional accreditation and showcase to your customers your experience and professionalism in this service area.
The course will focus on providing a refresh on the following:
- What is a Will?
- Why make a Will?
- Methods of writing a Will?
- Who should write a Will?
- Why do 70% of the population die without a Will?
- What happens if you don’t write a Will?
- What goes into a Will?
- Taking clients Will instructions, recording relevant information and identifying potential problem areas
- Maximising the client appointment
Benefits for you and your business upon completing the course include:
- Gain the Associate IPW designation after your name
- Use the IPA and Trading Standards logos on your marketing collateral
- Access regional IPW meetings for networking and sector updates
- Gain CPD points for your portfolio
- Access the IPW member site including the forum for engaging with other professionals
- Reinforces your business acumen to partners and customers
- Establishes a trustworthy brand
- Places you above your competitors for knowledge and professionalism
- Shows your adherence to the industry code of practice
- Helps support your business commitment to the sector and service to your customers
- A focus on establishing your expertise in your area – generating client referrals and new client opportunities
Benefits to your customers include:
- Comfort and trust they are using a professional
- Easier convert from an enquiry to an opportunity
- Reassurance they are accessing up to date and relevant knowledge and experience
- More happy to recommend to family and friends
The Course Details
A full training manual will be provided prior to the session called “A basic guide to taking Will instructions” which should be read ahead of the day.
The format of the course will consist of two thirds refreshing the above knowledge with the final third comprising of a 20 short answer written IPW Associates assessment. A separate Zoom call will then be arranged with the attendee and the IPW assessor to complete a short role play exercise.
After the course:
Upon successful completion of the course, you will have the option of joining the Institute of Professional Willwriters as an Associate member under BTWC’s full membership by completing the IPW Associate application form.
The yearly IPW subscription for Associate members is £140.00 but this is discounted pro rata to £128.33 for 2020 and will be renewable during March 2021. All members are required to have a basic DBS check if they don’t already have a valid certificate and this can be applied for directly by the Associate at a cost of £23.00
Amy Peters from BTWC Ltd commented;
“ We are delighted to be able to provide this exclusive opportunity for our associates to gain accreditation from the leading industry body in Will Writing which will demonstrate to their clients the high level of expertise they can expect to receive from their adviser. The IPW have worked hard to develop this virtual training and we are certain our members will see direct growth within their business as a result of completing the course and successfully receiving their IPW designation.”